Friday, 14 November 2014

Obsidian Gallery - a review from Kim

Dear BBH Members ,
 
Back from my holidays now and just giving you the up date on the BBH Obsidian exhibition which ended in Oct.
Trisha the gallery owner was very pleased with standard of entries there was only two that I felt did not make the grade - very poor mounting and framing . I was over ruled by the other judges but I will email the member  to let him know that he only just squeezed in .
Thank you to all the other members for a very high standard and the response  - we are only as good as our last exhibition  - so keep the good work up .
Sales were a little low  just  over 10 framed pictures sold but  fantastic comments from  the many  visitors  that went  to the gallery. 
 The next BBH exhibition is in March 16th -30th 2015  in the Letchworth Arts Centre - this is a very big space so do look at joining us.  As I mention last time there is a big event in the main gallery the week before so I will be handing out information to the visitors as I am exhibiting in the small foyer the two weeks before .
 Also the Letchworth Arts centre do have an active brochure which that circulate, so this again may bring the visitors in .
The booking form will be put on the BBH website later with the drop off and collection dates etc included.
 
 
 
I attach information given to me by Jeannelise Edelsten , a BBH member who is exhibition  at The Paper mill in Apsley and a poster of my November exhibition at The Dutch Cafe in Hatfield on the A1 000 road going toward Potters Bar - strange place but pretty big ( I have 22 picture up do not know what response I will get -  only old people and day tripper from the local funny farm  there when I took measurement on Friday !!!but lets hope some people with money and interested in art stop to have a light lunch- you never know . )
 
 If you are taking part in an exhibition before Christmas drop me a line and I will forward it to the members.
 
On another note if anyone knows of an interesting venue that sort of fits in the 3 counties on Beds Herts & Buck for another exhibition next year  ( 2015 )  for the BBH - bear in mind it needs to be mediun to large size site as we have 60 members  - so drop me a line and I will check it out . 
 Thanks.
 
 All the best with your printing and I will see you soon .
 
 Kim Major-George

No comments:

Post a Comment